Dr. Benjamin Cleary
Benjamin has experience in Australian and foreign patent prosecution, freedom to operate advice and litigation support. He is a registered Patent Attorney in Australia and New Zealand and a registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney. Read more.
Benjamin graduated from La Trobe University with a Bachelor of Medicinal Chemistry majoring in Chemistry and Biochemistry. He then went on to complete an honours year in Medicinal Chemistry which focused on the synthesis of novel small molecule inhibitors ofPI3 Kinase family enzymes. Benjamin then completed his PhD in Medicinal Chemistry at the Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences. This research focused on the synthe-sis and development of novel small molecule inhibitors of the MYST3 protein, known to control epigenetic pathways governing cancer tumour growth and progression. This research resulted in a number of early stage drug like molecules being developed which were subsequently progressed though to early stage animal studies.
- Australian and foreign patent prosecution
- Patent validity and freedom to operate advice
- Litigation support
Areas of expertise
- Organic chemistry
- Pharmaceuticals and formulations
- BMedicinal Chem (Hons), La Trobe University
- PhD in Medicinal Chemistry, Monash University
- Currently undertaking study towards a Masters of Intellectual Property Law at Melbourne Law School.
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI)