James-Robert has experience in Australian and foreign patent prosecution, litigation support and freedom to operate advice. He also has experience in filing and prosecuting Australian trade marks. James-Robert is a registered Patent Attorney in Australia and New Zealand and a registered Australian Trade Marks Attorney. Read more.
He graduated from La Trobe University with a Bachelor of Science (Medical Science) majoring in chemistry and biochemistry. He then completed an Honours year in chemistry with a research component in peptide synthesis, and PhD in synthetic organic chemistry. His PhD research focused on method development for the synthesis of functionalised medium-ring alkaloids using the Grubb’s-catalysed ring-closing metathesis reaction. This research involved synthesis of natural products and like-compounds for potential lead pharmaceuticals, and has been presented at a number of conferences. After completing his PhD, James-Robert worked as a Patent Examiner with the Australian Patent Office, including acting at Senior Examiner level.
- Australian and foreign patent prosecution
- Patent validity and freedom to operate advice
- Litigation support
Areas of expertise
- Organic chemistry
- Pharmaceuticals and formulations
- Veterinary medicines
- Bachelor of MedSci (Hons) (Chemistry), La Trobe University
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, La Trobe University
- Masters of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney; Registered Trade Marks Attorney (Australia)
- Fellow of the Institute for Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys Australia
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)