Patent Scientist and Trade Marks Attorney
Vanessa obtained a Bachelor of Biology at University College London, and studied both a Masters and a Ph.D. in Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research under a prestigious Medical Research Council Scholarship at the University of Warwick, UK. Read more.
Upon completing her Ph.D., Vanessa received a highly distinguished honor as one of the UK’s top Doctoral Researchers in 2014 for her pioneering work in Cancer Biology. Vanessa subsequently undertook a Postdoctoral Fellowship at the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute in Canada, where she continued to expand her scientific expertise across various Biotechnologies related to Single Cell Analytics and Cell Biology, before deciding to pursue a career in Intellectual Property Law. Vanessa has completed the studies necessary to become registered as a Patent Attorney in Australia and New Zealand and is an Australian Trade Marks Attorney.
- Australian and foreign patent prosecution
- Patent validity and freedom to operate advice
Areas of expertise
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Stem Cell and Cancer Biology
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- B.Sc. Biology (Hons), University College London, UK.
- M.Sc. Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research, University of Warwick, UK.
- Ph.D. Interdisciplinary Biomedical Research, University of Warwick, UK.
- MIP. Masters of Intellectual Property Law, University of Melbourne.
- Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)