Debra is a registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney and has practiced in the IP field for over 25 years. She has a Bachelor of Science degree with honours in Biochemistry and a Master of Science in Molecular Biology. Read more.
Debra has extensive experience in patent portfolio management and strategic advice for both local and overseas clients. She undertakes a broad range of patent work, particularly in relation to biotechnology, agricultural and pharmaceutical products.
Debra has extensive experience drafting, filing and prosecuting Australian and foreign patent applications. She is also experienced in opposition and re-examination proceedings, litigation support and validity and freedom to operate advice.
- Patent drafting and filing
- Patent prosecution, including major jurisdictions US, EP, JP, AU
- Patent oppositions and re-examination
- Patent validity and freedom to operate advice
- Patent portfolio management
Areas of expertise
- Molecular biology
- Pharmaceuticals and formulations
- Medical treatments, diagnostics and medical devices
- Bachelor of Science degree with honours in Biochemistry, University of Melbourne
- Master of Science in Molecular Biology, University of Melbourne
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney; Registered Trade Mark Attorney (Australia)
- Fellow of the Institute for Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys Australia (IPTA)
- Member of the Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB)
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)