Paul Jones is a registered Australian and New Zealand Patent Attorney and has practiced in the IP field for well over 40 years. He has a Bachelor of Applied Science degree in Chemistry from the University of Melbourne. Read more.
Throughout his career, Paul has specialised in the fields of agricultural, veterinary and pharmaceutical chemistry, with a particular emphasis on strategic advice and IP exploitation. He has extensive experience in relation to patent disputes in the pharmaceutical area, including patent infringement/revocation proceedings and extension of term disputes.
Paul has worked on numerous successful pharmaceutical product launches for international and local innovator and generic pharmaceutical companies in Australia and New Zealand. He has been involved in significant recent pharmaceutical patent litigation in Australia in respect of drugs including aripiprazole, leflunomide, perindopril, paroxetine, alendronate, carvedilol and enalapril.
Paul has acted in respect of over 100 oppositions and re-examinations before the Australian Patent Office (IP Australia).
Paul Jones is a Recommended Individual – Life Sciences, patent counselling by PLC 2007.
- Patent disputes
- Strategic IP advice
- Patent oppositions, re-examinations
- Litigation Support
Areas of expertise
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Medical treatments, diagnostics and medical devices
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Chemistry) , University of Melbourne
- Registered Trans-Tasman Patent Attorney
- Fellow of the Institute for Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys Australia
- Associate of the Royal Australian Chemical Institute (RACI)
- Member of the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand (IPSANZ)
- Member of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association
- Member of the International Association for the Protection of Industrial Property (Australia Group) Inc. (AIPPI)